Sunday, February 19, 2012

November 20, 1968 (Letter from Kathy)


Since you like the other envelope so much, here is another.

We have a phone in our library that is broken (purposely), and I can call anywhere for nothing.  I called home a couple times, called Gary once, and I'm calling Sue Smith tonight.  It's really cool.  You just connect the two wires together at the end of the call and all the money comes back.

Only two more days of classes for me this term -- then finals begin.  By the time you get this, there'll be only 5 days until I get home.  Yeah!!!

My roommate is almost definitely coming home the weekend Dec 6-8.  She's got a date with Chuck Musante.  I hope she has a good time.  Chuck seemed the best match for her, although I told her I thought you and Mark would be more fun.  There is so much emphasis on nationality and religion up here though, so I thought an Italian would be better for her.

I had 2 1/2 hours sleep last night.  I stayed up to type some papers for these girls until 3:30, then I had to get up at 6:00 to go to work.  I came back and cut my 9:00 chemistry lab to sleep another 2 1/2 hours.  I had to get up at 12:00 for English because we were having a quiz.  I'm not feeling very good right now because I've had so little sleep.  College is so ridiculous in that respect.

I'm bringing my instruments home.  Would you like your teeth cleaned?

Well, this is just a short note, but it should hold you until Thanksgiving.  Take care and I'll see you in one week. I have to scoot off to biology now -- it's 2:00.

Do you realize that we have no snow here yet.  I've only seen one snowflake.  It's snowed about two minutes so far, and it didn't even stick.  Now that I'm complaining.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm planning on doing some skiing up here though since everyone skis up here.  Honestly, every guy I've met, either is on a ski patrol or has a cabin near a ski slope.  This winter should have a lot of skiing on those high slopes -- I'll probably be too scared to go down them.  They are just a little bigger than our foothills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment