Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 4, 1969 (Letter from Gail)

I hope you're not going thru hell in Buff like we are here.  It is so cold here, it hasn't stopped snowing all day and the wind is blowing really hard.  I'm upstairs in my room writing and I'm getting frostbitten instead of writer' cramp.

Mark was home this past weekend.  I talked to him on the phone about 4 times but I didn't get one chance to see him.  He came late Fri night and he never called till Sat.  He wasn't going out at all on Sat night. so I didn't see him.  But he said he'll probably be home in another month.

Sheryl and I went to Shorty's last Fri nite, an every Friday nite happening with us.  I won't be able to go this Fri cuz I have to go to a Bar Mitzvah.  Shit!  We met this boy there that used to go to school with us, but he moved away after ninth grade.  His name is Jay Bowes, he grad in 1967.  Do you remember him?  I didn't at all, but Sheryl did.  We sat and talked for awhile about "the good old days".  (?)  We were getting ready to leave about 11:45 and just then a whole bunch of EOC kids came in so we stayed for an extra 1/2 hour.  It was great!  Mary Speidel was home this weekend, too.  I got to see her.  Wouldn't you know it, I always see the girls and not the guys.  Strange!  I hope you're keeping your apt nice and clean and oh god, how can you stand Pall Mall?  Yeech!  Well, it's your lungs!  With that, I'll close for now.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment