Wednesday, February 1, 2012

September 25, 1968 (Letter from Kathy)


My schedule is really pretty good.  I never have the same subject two days in a row.  Dental theory, clinic, bio lab, chem lab, and speech are each only once a week.  (They run either two or three hours, though.)  I always have at least two nights in which to do assignments.  Last night I went out to the drive-in.  I was in by 11:30 though.  Curfew is 12:00 on weeknights and 1:30 on weekends.  My roommate and I (Marie is her name) are going to a work party tonight for the mayor of Huntington campaign.  I'm not sure what it is all about yet.  It has something to do with the fraternities.  Five of us girls went to three fraternity parties Friday night.  The first one we hit too early and there were 5 girls to every boy, the second one was shut down by the police, and the third one we hit too late -- all the neat guys were taken.

I've met a really neat prep school guy from Harrisburg - the only other N.U. freshman from Pa.  He's my buddy, and we really talk things out.  That's one of the things I miss most -- some of the old gang to really feel relaxed with and talk to.  Things are getting better here now though as we're all finding our friends.  My roommate and I get along better every day as we find out that we think very much alike.

Our chemistry isn't too bad because the prof realizes that Forsyth girls (dental students) are not interested in chemistry and he only holds us responsible for the essentials (which I do not know like everyone else because I had such a wonderful chemistry teach at Warren Hi!!)

I almost died laughing when I read that part about your laundry.  It sure was funny -- cheered up my day -- as mail always does.

I don't care what you write on just as long as I can read what it says, so don't apologize for writing on typewriter paper.  Be good (huh?) and study hard (huh?)

I haven't heard from Mark yet and he said I wouldn't write!!!  The big fink.


No comments:

Post a Comment