Sunday, February 5, 2012

October 8, 1968 (Letter from Cam)


Thought I'd wait til I went home to write so I could tell ya the news of our great hometown.  I was there last weekend, and Warren is still Warren -- pretty dead.

We lost to Meadville, and that was the first game they won t his season.  Disgusting.


Lynn Wendelboe was crowned homecoming queen.  Mary Ann Frits, 1st runner-up; Chris Lundahl, 2nd; Becky Potter, 3rd; Debbie Walker, 4th; Charm, honorary queen.  Penny Thompson was a candidate but declined because she said everyone always is the same.  (I mean the same ones always get everything.)  That was really nice of her.  Anyways, that made Lynn a candidate and then she won.

Not too many kids were home, but there were some.  These are the kids I saw from our class:  Peggy Wright, Heidi, Mike Curren, Laurie Walters, Ruth Sampson, Tim Nuhfer, Jim Mead, John Young, Peggy Parsons, Cheryl Steinkamp, and I heard that Dies, Loomis, Cobb, Squirrel, and Karen Bunk were home.

I think that about it for the excitement of Warren.

This weekend is I.U.P.'s homecoming so that should be lots of fun.  We might even have a later than 1:00 curfew.  We have a hall meeting at 12 tonight, so then we'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment