Wednesday, February 22, 2012

January 26, 1969 (Letter from Gail)


I was really happy to hear from you so soon and I'm sorry we didn't get to see you before you left, and the end of May seems so far away but I'll survive if you will -- OK!

We got our grades yesterday.  I got 3 B's, 1 C, and 1 D in World Civ which is better than the F I had at quarters.  I was satisfied with them I guess.  Sheryl and I went to Shorty's Fri nite.  Wow what a great time.  It was like old home week and the '68 class reunion combined.  I got really drunk and I paid for it on Sat.  What a hangover and I had to work all day.  Then last night I went to a party which didn't matter any.  Today I'm just taking it easy -- writing letters all day.

Sorry this is so messy but this paper is a real bitch to write on, plus my Bic keeps blobbing all over.  If y ou can't read it, send it back and I'll translate it for you.

How's school going?  I hope you've cleaned your apt by now.  If not, I'll be glad to come and do it for you, only on 1 condition, you won't let me go back to Warren cuz once I'm out of this town, I'm never coming back and I mean it too!  Have you heard from any of the gang lately?  I haven't -- I finally wrote Mark back but he hasn't responded.  Oh well, probably a delayed reaction, you know Mark!

Well, Paul, I better go.  I've gotta write to my grandparents.  They've been gone 2 1/2 months and I haven't written to them yet.  So I better get busy.  Take care and have a great time but study once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment