Wednesday, February 15, 2012

November 4, 1968 (Letter from Mardi)


How was your birthday?  I hope you're getting caught up with things.

My weekend was a total piece of mass hysteria.  Friday night Wendy and I went to party and we got rather high.  So Mike and I started talking.  I had met him the week before, so we were together the rest of the night. He's really great, he's studying law, and he's rich.  He's a nice guy and I really like him.  His parents own a hotel so they're not hurting.  He took me to a fraternity party Sat. night.  To say I was in control of myself...I had two pints of Southern Comfort.  I really, really had a good time.  He he.

Mike called last night and Wendy's Mike and Mike and I went out about 10.  Wendy's Mike had his car so we drove out and they took us to this gorgeous park with huge waterfalls and we walked and talked.  Then we drove over to the university and got something to eat.  They were going to have us up to Mike's (my Mike) (this is confusing) apartment for steak but Wendy worked till 9 and it was late.

Mike told me this coming weekend he'd plan it.  So we shall see what happens.

I had to see my ticket to see Hendrix Saturday night!  It's about par for the course.  He was fantastic, so I hear!  He said he was coming back.  Oh well, I'd rather have been with Mike anyway.

Wendy and I skipped this afternoon and went walking and walking and walking.  It's beautiful here.  It's supposed to rain.  I don't think we're going to have that much snow.

I want you guys to call me at Thanksgiving.  I don't think Barb will be able to come out.

I just got a letter from Dody today, I pity the kids in Warren.  You've just got to get out.  I love it here.

Well I did my exercise and took my nightly bath.

I bought a pack of cigarettes this afternoon and have one left.  I really should get at my homework or rather apartment work....I shall return.

I shouldn't be writing to you, I should be in class, but you won't believe what I got into last night.

We went down to the Leamington Hotel, because that's where Humphrey is staying, so we thought maybe we'd get to see him.  We saw him all right!  We're standing in the lobby w/ jeans and jackets.  Everybody is just about dressed to kill...and this one guy comes up to me and says would you girls like to get in?  We're there yes yes yes!  So he pulls out 6 passes.  We went in through the cops and guards and they had cameras and lights all over.  We felt really bad in jeans so we went back to the apt and changed.  The place was fantastic.  Nancy and I talked to Tommy James and the Shondells.  They were there for entertainment and they were fantastic.  Inger Stevens and Gene Barry and Orville Freeman were standing right beside us -- I touched them!  Everybody was tanked by 11:30.  It was so packed you couldn't move.  It was wall to wall people.  Outside, people were lined up all around the hotel.  Nancy and I took a cab home.  It was snowing lightly last night.  I didn't get to bed until 3:30 and I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow this morning so I cut my morning classes.  I feel really bad about it!

I wish this weekend would hurry up and get here.

I got a letter from Mark this morning, he's doing fine I take it.  How are you coming along with everything?  Please take care of yourself.  I must go now and eat!!!

Yes, there are many here -- who think that life is but a joke.  So let us not talk falsely now...That Hendrix! I haven't heard from Joan or Tina -- shove it up your left sneaker, girls.  Don't forget -- 41 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment