Wednesday, February 22, 2012

January 10, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


Thought I'd get a letter out before this weekend cause this weekend is really going to be mixed for sure.  Saturday is the day everyone is supposed to move into their new rooms.  It's really going to be a big mess.  I guess I'm moving on Saturday nite, but I don't have any idea who my new roommate is going to be.  Just so it is someone really decent that's all I care about.  The school is finally pretty much done.  The union is finished, the art building is finally almost done, but it's still pretty much mixed-up.

I'm transferring I think to the Philadelphia Art Museum.  It's a really great school and it's small.  All I care about really is art and I would really like it a lot better when all there are is art students around.  Guess I'll have to wait to the end of the year and see how things go around here.

Was really great being home for a month, then to come back here.  Was really depressing for the first few days.  This place would depress anyone I think.

About 500 kids transferred out of here this quarter.  Like about half my friends have left.  My classes only have about 15 kids in now and some only have 8.  The teachers really get to know the students well.  My English teacher is really an acid head.  The first day I didn't believe him.  He talked about tripping and he asked the kids if any of them had ever tripped.  I didn't believe it.

I'm glad Mike and I got to talk New Year's Eve.  At least I understand Mike a lot better now.  I know that Mike and I will never be doing a lot of stuff together anymore.  But when I'm home I'll at least be able to see him and talk to him without worrying about what he's thinking.  It was really both of our faults that we never really got along.  Maybe now that we understand each other, when we're together in a group we can at least get along without any sly and sarcastic remarks.

Well gotta go.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment