Friday, February 24, 2012

February 11, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


Hi honey.  I'm afraid this shall be short and sweet.  First of all, happy Valentine's Day!  How do you like my home-made card?  It's definitely got soul.  Now second -- this is a real cute on.  Now listen to this -- it's my own idea, which probably won't work.  Wendy, Linda, and I were going to leave here Wednesday, March 26 (my birthday!) and fly to Buffalo.  Then you will meet us at the airport.  Then we'll stay overnight either with you or anywhere, then when your father comes he could take us back.  Wen won't have that much stuff but if he can't take us we could have someone get us or take the bus.  What do you think.  It's just an idea, but I thought it was pretty good.  Write back soon and tell me what you think. Give me your telephone number and tell me when the best time to call you is and Wendy and I we'll call you.  First we'll write and tell you exactly when, so you can e there.  Make it sometime on a Sunday night.  OK!

Nothing new and exciting has happened.  Tonight I went to see Buster Keaton at the Art Institute.  It was a silent one, it was so funny, everybody was sitting there and cheering an d yelling for him, it was great.  We really had a good time until we froze on the way home.  It's getting cold out again.  How's the weather in Buffalo?  Did you get that snow storm?

I'm sorry cutie but I've got to close up and hit the sack, I'm dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment