Tuesday, February 21, 2012

January 9, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


I should have written early this week now I don't know if you're going to be there or in Cleveland or what.  Are you there?  I almost didn't get here.  Monday I was all set for Jamestown and to take off about 3:22 but no flight!  A little mechanical difficulty so there we all were, so my mother and Barb left and Wendy and I went to my father's with him and ate dinner.  We got on a 7:00 flight and got into Detroit City about 8:15.  I thought I'd never see Detroit again.  I thought maybe Smokey would walk by or something.  Duh!  Smokey Robinson that is -- not Smokey the Bear -- knowing you!

Hi, honey, I'm back again.  What a night.  I slept and talked to Nancy and read a short story, now we're waiting for Luigi to deliver our order.  What a place.  We didn't have anything to do tonight so we looked up what it would cost to go United to Buffalo for Easter -- it's not too expensive at all -- standby.  We have it figured out so we might be able to take two weeks at Easter.  Look out Surf Club.

Right now I've had it.  We found a new roommates in our apt when we got here.  She's a really, really cute one.  Why us?!  She was kicked out of her other apt and now we have her, but we're going to see if she can move and we're pretty sure she'll do it.  We clash so much.  What a mess -- I have living with girls.

Sometime we'll have to clean up this place which won't be till we all get in the mood, which probably will never happen.

I must go.  Write soon.  How did exams go for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment