Sunday, February 19, 2012

November 26, 1968 (Letter from Mardi)

Hope you're enjoying your vacation.  I know you are!  I'm just sitting here all alone.  (It seems so good.)  Everybody should be gone by tomorrow night for sure.  Jim Mead got here today.  Nobody knew.  He came to see Peggy.  It seemed funny to hear him talk about the Gloves and Shorty's.  It was like old home week.

Nothing too much is happening.  Saturday night Wendy and I went party hopping.  We took four pint size cans of Bud and two cans of Colt 45 and brought it back to the apt.  You could bring in a case and nobody would know.  Then we went back out and drank Southern Comfort and we stopped at one keg party and I swear I never drank so much beer!  I was up all night drinking ice water.

Jan is supposed to have a big bash at her apt Thursday.  But I really don't feel like going.  I think I'd like to spend a nice quiet day and night.

I've getting spastic waiting for Christmas.

Today in Charm we started make-up.  You'll never recognize me.  We're starting with the eyes and today she shaped my eyebrows.  I'll be my own duddy self, don't worry.  My hair is getting long!  I'm trying to get rid of the bangs.

I hope you can make it out here in January.  I forgot to tell you that Mr. Sayles told me when I talked to him that he's supposed to come out in January some week for a convention, second or third week.

I must go and do some speechwriting.  Take care, waiting to hear you on the phone.  I sent Mike some pictures for you to look at.  They're really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment