Friday, February 10, 2012

October 25, 1968 (Letter from Mark)


Just got your letter today and thought I'd get it out today.  Usually get 2 or 3 letters a day and if I wait till the weekend it seems I never can catch up, but if I answer them right the same day I get them it's not to bad.  But trying to write 10 letters a weekend can get really bad and you don't even feel like writing.

Hope you get better and can get back to your classes.  I know I missed one day and was really behind.

I had a great time at home.  It just felt good to get home for a weekend.  Sort of rested up.  Leslie Stein, Dave Tegeler, Phyllis Valone, Mimi Lewis, Mike Hackett, Larry Gnage, and a whole lot of other kids were home.  Gail\ B and I went to the show and then to the Pub afterwards.  Really had a nice time.  Felt really great just to drive a car again.  My dog Susie died, sort of depressed me for awhile, but I got oer it.  Felt a whole lot greater about coming back after a weekend home.

I'm going to rush frats.  I'm registering tonight.  I can go to the parties for the next six weeks free.  If I decide to pledge after than I can, or if I don't want to I don't have to.  Just will give me a lot more to do on the weekends.

This weekend Janice and I are going to the frat parties.  She's an art major.  She has blond hair and she's really nice.  She and I are just like Gail B. and I are.  Janice is the one that wants you to come up.  She really wants to go out with you.  Don't know when though.  As soon as I get moved into my new room which should be in about 2, or 3 week I hope.  I'm going to try to get a single.  With all the projects and stuff I need to do I really need the extra space.

Got my mid-term grades.  So far I've got about a B+ average.  So that's not to bad.  I just hope that I can keep all my grades up and not let them drop down.  Sure hope you get caught up in time, sure is going to be ruff trying to catch up on all that work.

Talked to Mrs. P when I was home.  She seemed really glad to see me.  She said everyone was writing to her and that sort of cheers her up to hear from all of us once in awhile.    

Called you last week when I was in Buffalo.  Talked to one of your roommates for 20 min.  You don't know how lucky you have it to have nice roommates especially with the bastards I have.

Well, gotta go.  Write soon and maybe I'll be seeing you sometime soon.  Get for for Christmas Dec. 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment