Monday, February 27, 2012

February 17, 1969 (Letter from Mary)


Happy Valentine's day (belated)!  Hope your day was happy -- how did you celebrate?  Bob took me to see Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66.  It was terrific -- I had never been to the Civic Arena, so it was a real surprise.  The Temps are going to be here in three weeks.  I'm excited already.

(Feb. 22)  This week has gone too fast!  Now I can say Happy George Washington's birthday.

Right now I'm stuffing lemon bread in my mouth -- it's so good.  Mom sent it down with Pastor and Mrs. Mull -- but I missed them.  I think I was at class.

Midterms this week!  I've read one of about 13 chapters required in Soc. and I'm just about as far behind in Anat, Med Surg, Nutrition, and Pharm.  I think I will stab myself.

Speaking of stabbing people -- I gave three injections to one guy yesterday, in the same leg!  He was out in about 30 seconds.

Who are you dating now?

Oh!  Guess what, I dreamt about you last night!  You were on a bus someplace and then all of a sudden, you broke your foot.  That's all I remember.  Hope you're OK.

There was a wrestling match last night -- Pitt frosh vs. Clarion State frosh.  You'll never believe who wrestled 190 class for Clarion -- Darrell!  It was really sad tho cuz he got pinned.  Otherwise he's done pretty well -- I think he's 5-2.  Did you hear about Mr. Weber?  Warren's losing a great coach.  Boohoo.

We're going to the Varsity match (Pitt vs. Army this afternoon, which reminds me, I'd better get ready.

Congratulations on your new schedule.  Hope you like it better than last term.

P.S.  Can you tell I lost your last letter?  This one says nothing -- sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment