Friday, February 24, 2012

February 10, 1969 (Letter from Joan)


Don't faint, but here is a letter.  I can't find the letter you wrote anywhere, so you'll have to wait if you asked any questions.

My week at Carolyn's is something to remember.  I got there about 8:15 AND she and Jackie picked me up.  We went over to State College and, guess what.  We ran into Gail Rock (I grew up with him).  So he took us around campus.  The boy he was with wrote me a real nice letter.

Wed night I had a bowling date and then went out to a place called Red's for something to eat.  The guy I went out with sort of attacked me and my tooth cut the inside of my lip!  (More about that later.)

Thurs. night I went to a small drinking party in a cold trailer down by the river.  I was with a real nice guy that night.  My lip got worse, though.

Fri night our other girlfriend came.  Carolyn went out w/ her boyfriend.  Three of us girls went out to Red's and I met some more boys.

Sat night there was supposed to be a big cabin party, but it fell through.  So Carolyn went out and Barb, Naomi, and I went drinking with 8 guys.  Well, we started to go drinking, anyway.  The cops are really bad around here so you have to go way out in the woods.  We took 3 cars -- 2 guys in each -- and the three of us in one.  Our car was the first to go up to a firetower.  The road was sheer ice and the car started skidding backwards.  The driver and the other guy got out to look over the situation.  Meanwhile the car starts moving again.  Don't think we weren't scared.  There was about a 500 ft. dropoff.  The driver jumped into the car and stopped it just before it went over.  The car was on a slant and we had to crawl out.  I almost died that night!!! Needless to say we never got to the tower.  The other 2 cars never made it up and we had to walk down to get them.  Then we went to Red's and stopped some guys and picked up some more.  It ended up with 4 guys and 3 girls.  My lip got worse.

In that week I met 13 guys and 6 girls.  Sun we came back to school -- and the story had just begun!!  (I have to go work in the cafeteria now.)

(2/11)  Sun night 2 guys came down to the dorm to see Carolyn and I.  They took us to the Eagles Club.  I got served and everything.

Mon night our gang up here went drinking in the woods and got chased by the cops.  We didn't get caught but they got 2 4-packs of Schmidts.

Remember when I told you about my lip.  Well, to make a long story short, I ended up with strep throat, an infection in my throat, trench mouth.  I had to get a shot and take all these pills.  Needless to say I was sick all last week.  I missed out on a really great weekend the 31st and 1st.

Last weekend I had a date to a basketball game and drinking.  Then on Sat I went home.  And on Sun I became a godmother.

The reason I didn't finish the letter last night is because I went babysitting with this boy at his sister's house.  We had rum and coke and watched TV.  Chuck and I are going to a party Sat night in honor of a couple who transferred over to main campus.

We've only been back 2 weeks and so much has happened.  I left out a lot!  Like my roommate and I bought a hamster and had to get rid of it.  We gave it to a commuter.  We have it back now.  Our room is all decorated with 3 Musketeer stuff.  We have matching bedspreads and curtains, posters, and a barrel that say "The 3 Musketeers".

Well, I have to get some other letters out.  Keep me informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment