Thursday, February 23, 2012

January 28, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


Hi cutie!  How did you like that letter, yes, being weirdo's is fun, we got carried away one day in psych class.  You should read the one we did for Chuck Church.

I was glad to get your letter.  I got seven letters yesterday -- now I won't get any for about two weeks.  I must say you've been a doll about writing -- keep it up.  Actually, right now I should be doing my Psych, but I'd rather write letters.  I went to the Art Institute tonight.  They're giving a series of films on old-time movies and it's really great.  A lot of kids go from the Institute and they're really cool.  It's a good way for me to spend my time, which I didn't have tonight.

I haven't been doing a damn thing and I don't think I'll be doing anything since there's not a thing for me to do.  Saturday night we got stuck at this party which was our own fault and as soon as we got there we wanted to leave but no one would take us home and Wendy and I got really pissed and started in on this poor dud who brought us and finally took us home.  I've never seen so many duds.  We were sitting in this kid's convertible because we thought he was going to take us home and while we were waiting for him, there was a can of gasoline in the front seat so I said I would take it and put it bay the back window so I left and pow, right through the window; the plastic was so stiff that it broke like glass so we put the can back in the front seat and everyone was laughing hysterically, so the kid didn't find it but he deserved, it I know that.  What an ass I am.

Things have quieted down since our marijuana raid and everything worked out fine for the kids -- thank God.  I think Jane and Karen are worse off.  What a waste.

Hi again, it's now Wednesday night.  I'm determined to get all my letters written and studying and write my letter to United, Trans World, and Eastern.

I'm just about to call it quits with everything around here.  I'm in the worst mood blaaa.  I need a Budwesier to save my soul.  Help!  Actually, I'm about to crack up.  It's my annual January-February-March depression state.  How are you surviving?  When are you leaving to come home for Easter?  Anywhere near the 27th of March?

I'm sorry this is so short but I've got to get my ass movin'.  It's about the two tests tomorrow.

I got a letter from Dody.  He's pretty much hanging in there.  It's so stupid, now I'd give anything to do home and be bored.   At lest I get my meals served to me, clean house!, of course, I couldn't stand it after about two weeks -- a week.  It's not fair.

The interviews for the kids in the March class are starting to come in.  I guess Toni Massa has a great job in New York City, she had her interview today.  I can see it all now...I don't plan on taking a job as a reservationist or ticketing, so unless I'm offered a secretarial or receptionist job then I'll worry about my appearance and the impression I create.  If I don't get the job offer I want I'm taking off for the shore and working at anything, then I'll settle down for awhile anywhere.  But what I want to do and what I'm going to do are two different things!

I've got to go -- please take care and be good.  What was it the spirit said about Cheryl?  I'm making my preparations for my wedding in December blaaa!  We shall see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment