Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 17, 1969 (Letter from Renee)


I had every intention of coming to see you today before I flew back to Columbus, but I got screwed up with plane reservation and had to leave as soon as I got to Buffalo.  I had called our parents and asked them if they wanted to send you anything.  Your mother said you'd never wanted anything before, but I told her it was Valentine's Day and that you'd probably appreciate a package from home.  Went over to pick up the pkg and ended up talking to your folks for an hour.  Your Mom and Dad are very nice Paul, and I think you should be pleased to have such good parents!  Anyway, my father promised to deliver the package, so I hope you've received it by now.

I'm absolutely exhausted tonight and it seems as though I've been traveling for a week.  Didn't do much when I was home for the weekend except to go to the dentist.  I spent 2 1/2 hours in the dentist's chair before I was finally through. Boy it sure feels good to be able to chew on both sides of my mouth now.  I also went shopping and bought a few things which I needed.  My trip home certainly wasn't a cheap one as far as my parents were concerned.  The transportation both ways came mto $37, I spent $29 shopping plus $10 my grandfather gave me, plus $41 at the ole dentist.  Geese!   Now I know why I don't go home very often.

Nothing much new here, and I haven't been here for three days.  Morrey picked me up at the aitport and we went back to his apartment for a little lovin before I came to the dorm.  Mmmm!  I swear -- I'm oversexed lately!

Don't know what's up with Mike, the bastard.  I wrote him a letter and sent him some pictures and he never wrote back.  It's his own damn fault if he never gets any mail.  Maybe he doesn't want to hear from me anyway.

Saw Mrs. Peroski, and she's just fine.  She said Mardi might come home around the 26th of March.

I think I told you I'll be going to summer school here this summer, mostly cause there's not much to do in Warren -- yich!  Your parents said you were thinking of staying in Buffalo.  What's up?

Sorry this letter is such a drag.  I'll try to write w/ a little more style and a lot more to say next time.  Until then, lots of lovin.

P.S.  Thanks for the Valentine.  I really laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment