Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 2, 1969 (Letter from Barb)


I've been trying to write to you all weekend -- this go, go, go -- party, party, party life is getting me down.  Yes, right, don't I wish...The collage doesn't make any sense at all -- it's one of those "pick out a page and cut everything out" ones.

Thanks for writing, letters always make ya feel good.  I wasn't surprised to hear that Mike is the same.  He probably has a couple of friends and considers everybody else really "hoody" or dumb -- does he date anybody?  Poor Michael, but what are you going to do -- Mardi's in a bad way -- between freezing weather, crummy social life, school (blah!), dirty kitchens, and pot raids, she's about ready to shove it all.  It takes time to learn how to handle all the shit they dish out to ya at school.  We have a break (ten days) starting Feb 21-March 2.  I really want to go out and see her.  I could pull if off for $30 or $40.  I really can't afford it since I'm a couple hundred short for school anyway, but I think I'll do it anyway.  If I'm gonna go every day and work at that lousy job I might as well do something I want to do with my money.  Right?!

Things are their usual duddy self here but I really don't mind anymore.  My shoot-down from last semester is haunting me.  I just had Dorm Council for one time I came in an hour late last October and got campused for last night -- neat, huh?  I saw Mr. Wonderful at a party Friday night but he didn't speak -- why are guys always so nice, it must be a real effort.

I have a feeling my grades will be at a new all-time low at the end of this semester.  I haven't done one thing yet this semester!  During the week I don't even have time to breathe right.  I have four hours of classes a day -- that's not much at all, but I work 4 hours a day too, so I have time to squeeze in lunch and a cigarette and that's about it.  Then at night I clunk out for a couple hours in a dead sleep, get up, and shit around -- school, what school?  Missed a test on Friday that I'll have to take a zero for, oh yes, life is a shit sandwich and every day is another bite!  This Friday Smokey Robinson is here.  I'm supposed to have a date with some guy who might not go and I've never even met the kid anyway and you know I'd go alone in my jeans and bare feet and stand in the snow to see Smokey Robinson!  Not get this, that's Friday night and Saturday I'm supposed to go down to Penn State to go to the Chambers Bros with some kid I met there last week (went down last weekend, had a great time) but his roommate called me today and said he's been missing all weekend.  They called the cops, the whole bit.  He took all their hash and said he was coming up here to see me and nobody's heard form him. This poor guy takes LSD and is kind of screwed in the head, if ya know what I mean -- Is this making any sense?

Like I said before -- Help!!  Can't wait to get out of here and take off this summer.  We're going up to Cape Cod if it kills us; I can't take another summer at home working at New Process and sitting up in Shorty's everynight.  Oh, I forgot, Surf Club every weekend.  I feel like I should have my Friday night barstool reserved.  We'll do all that stuff at Easter and that'll hold me for awhile.  I go home April 2-7.

So, Paul, you see, Mardi and I need a few words of wisdom -- got any handy?  I imagine Joan needs more than a few -- I haven't heard from her except she sent me a birthday present.  I wonder if she's married to Rick, hehe, unless of course he hasn't gotten over his "fuckin crab yet".  W hat a case that kid is.  Swinging New Years at Renee's.

So you're going out with Gussie at home -- where is your taste?  I'm just kidding you, she's probably a "very fine person", cough.

P.S.  Was your spirit right about Cheryl!???   You mover, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment