Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 19, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)

Thanks for the darling collage.  You should be getting a letter from me tomorrow which will be yesterday or the day before.  I want to put it upon the wall, but I have no more room so I'll have to put some of it on the ceiling. Have you still got that collage that Joan and I made?  I have absolutely nothing new to say, mainly because I never have anything to say lately, just wasting my time.  The Turtles concert must have been really great.  I haven't looked to see who is coming lately.  They have a fantastic light show every Sunday over at this place put on by the Community News from the university.  They had the Grateful Dead last Sunday.  I wish somebody would come to the Auditorium -- like Smokey Robinson.  I hate to spend the money, though, for Hugh Masekela.  Everybody bought cheap tickets and when the concerts started everybody moved up to the good seats.  Tricky.


I see you get out the 28th, we will have to wait but we'll definitely be flying into Buffalo, but the rest is just an idea.

Hi honey -- I'm back again.  Here I am at that midnight hour - wide awake!  Linda and Carol just called from Baldwin-Wallace!!!  They got stuck in Cleveland and called Mike.  They were supposed to meet John Seastead but their flights were cancelled.  They're staying with the housemother of the guys dorm.  I wish Michael would write soon.

Tonight had to be a super-smacked up night.  I slept almost 2 hours and got up, watched Herb Alpert for an hour, came back, starved to death, ate, clonked around in a daze.  Such fantastic happenings.

I may get lucky and have a visitor some time in March.  Bob Collier wants to come out with J.O.  But I don't know if he'll make it.  He's back at Clarion now.  God, I'd love to have someone come out.  I'd give anything to come out in May and see you.  When we come out to Buffalo, we have to celebrate.  I'm actually going crazy.

I put up your collage over my bed.  I have to start in my bedroom now!  It's really cute.  Hey, will the "pills" work?

I should close up now and write a few more letters before I go to bed.  So take care and behave yourself just a little bit.

I should be seeing you in about 39 days if we're lucky.  Surf Club is alive and well in Bemus Point.  I wonder if my police "dud" is still standing on the corner looking duddy.  I'll have to say hello to him.  He must hibernate all winter.  What could possibly happen in Bemus Point in the dead of winter.  I must go, see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment