Wednesday, February 8, 2012

October 17, 1968 (Letter from Mark)


Just thought I'd get a letter out before I went home tomorrow.  We've got a three day weekend so I'm taking the bus tomorrow afternoon home.  Really looking forward to it though.  The confusion and especially all the work really gets to you after awhile.

I've got an ulcer now.  I went over to my cousins in Rochester Saturday and all Sunday and Saturday night I had an ulcer rupture and it was bad.  Threw up blood all night and had to go to the hospital.  They took x-rays and put me on a really strict diet.  No pizza, pop, chocolate, potato chips, all the good food I can't eat anymore.  Really bad though cause when you eat in the cafeteria you don't really have to much food to choose from.  Oh well guess I'll just have to make the best of it, like everything else here.

The work has got me so bogged down.  I don't believe all of the projects they give us and they are terrifically hard.  Really hard sometimes to think of ideas especially when everything has to be creative.  A project I would like to spend three weeks on I've got only three days to do it.  It's no wonder all the art majors are crazy the way they push us for creativity in all our stuff.  We've got graded on our first two weeks -- so far I've got a 3.5 average -- which is a B+ so it's not too bad, the rate I'm going, I don't think I'll be able to stand it by the end of the quarter.  I'm living on pep pills to keep me awake.   I've only got about 4 hours sleep for this past week a night.

My roommates have to be the biggest bastards on campus.  They're such sucks that I can't even stand to walk in the room at all.  They never do a thing, go to bed at 8:30 cause they're just too tired to stay up.  They hate modern music, they hate to have the radio on, they hate girls, they hate modern art, they're religious fanatics, don't drink, don't care about frats, turn lights out at 7:30.  They're such pricks I can't stand them.  I'm always working in the girls dorm.  That's where Melissa always works so I usually work with her.  But it is really bad trying to go to your room and do something you just can't do it.  I've always got to leave and go someplace else to work.  There is only about three weeks left till they move us and I put my name in for a single, or an art major.  If I can't have an art major then I want a single.  After these bastards I want a single.

Friday night went to a pot party.  Wasn't really that bad.  I thought most of the kids were very disgusting and very immature.  Especially the way they acted.  But a reefer has the greatest smell especially when the whole room is filled with smoke.  It's almost as though the whole place is filled with incense.  I didn't smoke any though.  It isn't harmful, but some of the effects aren't anything like alcohol.  It's like a great high feeling, but there's no sickness or vomiting.  Right now I don't think I want to and I hope I stick with it.  There is really a lot of that that goes on up here especially with the art majors, but there is one thing I know I never want to get on dope, or anything like that ever.

Heard from Mardi last week.  She likes school a lot and she has a job, but I think it is really a hard adjustment for her in Minneapolis.

Still haven't heard from Mike, but I could really give a damn.  Don't need any more friends like him.  That's one thing I learnt up here is how to pick friends and if I don't like someone don't even speak to them, or I tell them what I think of them.  I'm not about to take any shit like I had to take sometimes last year.

How would you like to come up for a weekend sometime?  It only costs about $2.50 by bus.  I have some really beautiful girls in art & design that would really like to go out with you.  They wanted to see my senior pictures so I was showing them all and they saw yours.  I described you to them and they really want me to have you up so they can go out with you.  The one girl who really wants to go out with you is in art.  She has blond hair (natural whitish), blue eyes, she is really beautiful -- she was a debutante and she comes from a very well-to-do family but you would have a great time with her.  She's Melissa's roommate.  So just write and tell me when you want to come if you do, but wait till I get my permanent room.  But I know you'd really like her.

Mary Jane Miller is going to transfer.  She really can't stand this place so she's going to leave.  Really can't blame her.  This mess is really getting to much.  They keep having pickets all the time for these problems and stuff we're supposed to have but don't have.  We're going to get a 30% refund though for all this confusion.  We still don't have any heat and most of the places still no hot water.  Just about all the conveniences you would like aren't ready.

Sounds as though you're really bogged down.  Probably worse than me.  I'm really glad I don't have to sit and study math and chemistry and all that stuff.  You've really picked a ruff course as far as studying and testing and all that stuff.  Sure hope you keep the grades up and not flunk out, so do I.

Well, I guess I better go to bed before my sucking roommates start yelling at me to turn out my light.  Wouldn't want them to get made or anything.  Well write soon.

P.S.  My roommates masturbate every night.  You can hear and see them bouncing up and down as though they were laying on a girl and they breathe really deep as though they're fucking the pillow.  They must think I'm blind as a bat if they think I can't see them, or hear them.  I sit over in bed and have to hold my nose to keep from laughing out loud.  How's that for a couple of dillies?

No comments:

Post a Comment