Saturday, February 18, 2012

November 17, 1968 (Letter from Patty)

I'm sorry that I haven't written for so long, but I've been waiting for an opportunity to invite you up.  It just hasn't arose yet.  It's really hard to believe how quickly the time goes around here.

The first half of the semester is almost over.  We finished taking midterms last week.  I don't ever want to think about last week thought.  It was one of the worst weeks of my life.  I still don't think I've recovered.  Such is life.

You won't believe this, but Chris and Monica got married yesterday.  I almost fainted when I got her letter.  It's hard to imagine the people you've grown up with married.  I know I can't imagine myself married.

I guess they're going to live in Georgia and Monica is going to start school at Georgia Tech with Chris.  At least that's what I gather from her letter -- it was written rather hurriedly.

Thanksgiving vacation starts a week from this Wed, but I'm not expecting much rest.  I'm leaving Tues nite cuz I don't have any classes Wed morning, and going home till Thursday nite.  Then I'm going to East Meadow to stay with a friend until Sunday, when I'm supposed to get a ride back up here.

How is everything going for you?  Have you heard from Mike or anyone else since you left for school?  I got a letter from Mike and answered it.  As of now, he hasn't written back.

Well, typical of me I've got to answer about five more letters, so I'd better leave you.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment