Friday, February 17, 2012

November 8, 1968 (Letter from Mark)


Today's Saturday and I had to do my laundry so I thought I'd catch up on my letter writing.  They finally got some laundry machines working around here.  I've been living out of the laundry bag for the past week.

I've only got two more weeks till I get home for Thanksgiving.  I'm going home the Monday before with Mary Jane Miller.  I'm going to have to skip four days of classes to go though, don't know whether I can afford to miss all those days.  I'm liable to change my mind and just go home on Thursday and that's all.

Still haven't heard from Mike.  Don't even know how school's going.  Don't care either. Mike was always a sucky friend anyhow.

Last night I had a blind date to a fraternity party at the Treadway Inn.  Had a great time.  The girl I was with was an upperclassman, but she didn't care and we just danced and drank and had a great time.   Think I'm going to pledge Phi Sigma Kappa.  That's the one I like the best and the guys are really great.  Some of them are in art & design.

Still haven't got moved yet.  We did get bunk beds and desks, so it isn't too bad.  Just hope they hurry and get this place done.  Lots of kids are really getting pissed.  We've had a couple pickets and that kind of stuff, but it hasn't done much good.

Tonight I'm going to 4 frat parties with Flower.  We just go to one and then hop from one to the other.  It's a lot of fun.  By the end of the night you can hardly stand up.

My sister Karen and Steve came up on Tuesday and spent a couple days here.  He was looking for a job up here and he had a few interviews at Xerox and Kodak.  Would really be nice if Karen and them moved here.  Then I could go and visit someone once in awhile.  Cities can be really cold places sometimes.

You'll have to decide when you want to come up.  Sometime after Christmas maybe.  Janice still wants to go out with you.  Keeps asking me when you're coming.

Well, guess I'll go for now.  Write soon and see you in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment