Friday, February 24, 2012

February 6, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


This is one of the few times that I'll have to make my apologies for not writing right back.  You wouldn't believe all I've been up to.

I've been typing term papers for people (35-50 cents a page).  I've made over $60 the past three weeks, but it sure has taken a lot of my time.  I seem to have only time left in which school work must be done, and some sleep gotten.

Glad to hear you have made it through your finals.

My roommate saw Bullitt also.  She said it almost made her car sick.

 

I got really drunk on New Year's Eve -- my first time for being drunk.  Carol, Tom, Sue, Chuck, Jodee, Dody, Gary, and I had a party at my house.  The girls stayed overnight.  Can you imagine -- I got drunk in my own home and my mother wasn't even made?  I think she kind of understood that I was 18 (the day before) and that if I wanted to drink, it would be better to have me home.  She knows I'm not an alcoholic, so I guess she kinda trusts me.

Gary is coming to see me for this weekend.  He's coming in on the 11:41 flight from Buffalo tonight.  I'm so excited!!!

Marie (roommate) and I just got tickets to the Chambers Brothers today. They're playing at Boston University Friday and Saturday night.  We're going to a semi-formal dance Saturday night, so we're going to the concert Friday night.  We're on the aisle, seven rows back.  We were going to see Orpheus Sunday afternoon at 3:30, but Gary has to go back before then -- that's too late to expect him to stay.  He'll probably take the 1:30 flight out.

I had to get special permission to get out to meet him at the airport.  My curfew is 12:00 and his plane comes in at 11:41.  He's staying in the boys dorm. We're having problems with his parents so they don't know anything about it, but my parents know that he's coming up.  I'm going out of my mind.  I can't believe he's actually coming here.

Have you ever known a girl that has such terrible handwriting?  I was just reading this over and it's not ever readable.

Well, take it easy.  Let me know what you've been up to.

I think of Mrs. Coe often.  She was really an excellent teacher.  I learned so much from her.  I've even run across the preamble to the Canterbury Tales a couple of times.

We were supposed to go to Melody for New Year's Eve, but when we got there we found it was a closed party -- ho hum!

My sister is getting married in August.  I'm gonna be bridesmaid.  My brother said he's going to Europe this summer with his new girlfriend.  I don't know whether he's kidding or not.  He's such a great guy.  I wouldn't mind having a couple more brothers like him.

Well, it might be nice if I listened to this guy lecture for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment