Wednesday, February 22, 2012

January 10, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


First of all I must wish you a Happy New Year.  Hope you brought it in right -- with lots of booze -- heaven knows I certainly did -- I was 18 the day before.  I've got the champagne bottle sitting right beside me.

I find it really difficult to get back into the swing of things after being home so much the past month.  I like school, I guess, but I had kinda got used to being carefree with no studies.  I have three term papers in English to do and one for Dental Theory.  Mid-terms are the week of Jan 20.  T

This weekend and next are to be devoted to studying.  I must read my back assignments and get the background needed to even start to study.

I might take a break for a while tonight to go ice-skating with the girls -- in the interest of exercise.  I made a New year's resolution to either take a walk or get some type of exercise every day (I'm too inactive here) and to lose 10 more pounds (I lost 10 over Christmas vacation).

When Jodee told me that she weighted less than I did, I decided right then and there I was going to go on a very strict diet and I've stuck to it.  I felt really bad when Gary made a remark about watching me walk across the gym floor at the basketball game.

So tell me, what have you been up to?

Start teh year out well, study the first week -- fool around the rest.  Really, though I'm gonna quit going to fraternity parties -- they're fun only if you drink and right about now I'm kinda sick of drinking.  After New Years I don't think I'll drink for awhile.

Well, take care.

My roommate bought me the Happenings album for my birthday -- has the songs on it that they sang at teh concern in Warren last year.  I've wanted it for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment