Monday, February 20, 2012

December 5, 1968 (Letter from Gail)


I figured since I had the old typewriter out I'd write you a letter on it.  I hope you don't mind and that you can read it cuz my typing is not too good.

Boy that was quite some envelope you sent your letter in.  When I got it, I could not figure out what it was.  Then when I turned it over and saw it was from you, then I knew.

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.  I did, too.  I saw Mark quite a few times.  The 1st night he was home we went to Jamestown to see "Gone with the Wind".  Then on Saturday night, Mark, Sheryl Larson and I went to the Gloves.  What a place!  I really like it there.  About 10:15 we left and went to the 4:00 Club, stayed there about 1/2 hour, then we went back to the Gloves until 11:30.  We gave Patti Suppa and Missi V. a ride home.  Patti was so drunk she didn't know what she was doing.   So we stopped at Shorty's on the way home to sober Patti up a little.  So I guess we sort of made the rounds that night.  Right?  Mark says your hair is really long.  I can't wait to see it.  What did you parents say about it?  Don't get it cut till after Xmas so I can see it.  OK?

How's school going for you?  We got quarter grades a couple weeks ago (really about a month ago now).  I got 2 B's, 2 C's, and an F in World Civ.  We had a W.C. test about 3 wks ago and I flunked it, too.  So I'm not doing too well in that class.  As long as I can keep my other grades up, I'll be satisfied.

Tomorrow night is EOC's dance at the Women's Club.  I got asked by this boy from Aliquippa, Pa.  We're really just good friends and he's a great kid, only one thing - he's just about my height.  And I just pray I won't be taller than him in my 1/2 inch heels.  I think we'll just sit out the slow dances.  We're doubling with Bonnie Freund and her date so we'll probably leave the dance around 10:00 and go to Shorty's.  See, it's a dinner-dance.  Din is at 6:30 and the dance is from 9 to 1.  It should be fun cuz all 4 of us are real good friends.

It finally snowed today.  This whole week it was really nice except it rained a lot.  The wind is really blowing hard and it's pretty cold out.

We got a new dog a couple weeks ago.  We had to put our other one away.  He was really sick and he could hardly walk.  We got the new one the same night we took Scamp away.  The new one's name is Timmy.  He's a beagle, 3 1/2 years old, and I love him to death.  When you come home you'll have to come down and see him.

I know typewritten letters aren't very personal, but the tw. was out and I do need practice.  I hope you don't mind.  I really missed seeing you over Thanksgiving but I'm sure we'll get together over Christmas.  Right?  Right!

Be good and take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment