Friday, February 24, 2012

February 5, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


I'm movin' and a groovin here in Dud City!  "Get me out of here." -- and I'm not perverted -- you are, boy.  Changing to Pall Mall straights!!!  I just don't know what to say; it's a crime punishable only by death.  Pall Mall straights?  Actually, I think you changed so Barb and I won't bum all those cigarettes off you.

I hope you did better this quarter than I did, I really don't know how I did for sure because I haven't got the grades yet but I know I went down in Psych.  I knew I would; I got an A and I couldn't keep that up for more than one quarter.  I promised myself to hit the books hard 3r4d quarter.  God, after Christmas -- Blaaa!  I'm going crazy w/ all these fruity girls.  I hope you make Dean's list.  That would be great.

When do you plan on coming home for Easter?  When I leave it will be March 28 after school either Northwest flight or United.  They both get into Buffalo about 9:15 p.m.  You would probably leave earlier in the day, right?  Nancy's father is picking her up so I can go with them or Mr. Sayles and my mother might come out if my father will.

It sounds like a lot of fantastic groups are coming to Buffalo.  I don't even look anymore.  I'm broke.  Unless Hendrix gets here again.

I've been doing tons of reading, some for school and some on my own.  I read "The Confessions of Nat Turner", the Temple of Blood and In Cold Blood and we're supposed to read Manchild in the Promised Land some time.  I've also read a book of short stories -- English, blaaa.  I've also read the poetry of Frost, E. E. Cummings, Ransom, and Emerson.  So now you can actually see the time I have -- mostly on weekends, I've become a regular bookworm.

The weather has been another pain in the ass!  -42 one day, my forehead went numb again.  Now, yesterday and today it's been in the 30's which is a heat wave out here.

I don't have a chance of getting into trouble so don't worry.  I must go, I'm starving -- I've been starving since I got back!  Please, please take care.  Have you heard from Mike?  I think he died!  He's going to get it!!

P.S.  You'll be surprised that I'm the sophisticated type!!!  That's what she told me in Charm!  If she only knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment