Monday, February 20, 2012

December 4, 1968 (Letter from Mardi)


It sounds like things went OK for Thanksgiving.  Now back to the old grind.  Thanksgiving we had a fantastic dinner.  The city was literally packed with people.  I've got to take some pictures.  It's too beautiful to describe.

My vacation kind of racked me out here.  I went to a party every single night.  We were staying out all night and morning because our housemaster and Mr. Gage was supposed to be here but we never saw him.  We had Jim Mead up and nobody signed in or out for the whole vacation.  Friday night Mardi got totally polluted.  I never had to much fun.  I could not walk down the stairs without leaning on someone.  I was with Mike all night and he wasn't feeling any pain either only I think  most of it was marijuana.  I was really gone I must say!  I got home and Wendy and I hit the bed at 4AM.  About 5:30 Peroski wakes up and throws up for an hour w/ dry heaves.  I lot 5 lbs in one day.  I was hurtin Saturday.

Well I just lost my pen.  MariJo brought back her record player so now we have the extreme luxury of "home music".  It kind of gives me the excuse to buy a new album.  Which I shouldn't do.

It's 4:15 already.  Days are short thank God.  I think I'll play the lazy bum role tonight and just watch TV.  I suppose I should loaf while I can, starting the 16th, exams, exams, exams, so...

Here I am again -- I clonked out for about three hours so I won't fall asleep tonight either.  Linda and I have been sleeping on the living room floor the past couple of nights.  It get like an actual oven on the top bunks, and we have all our heat turned off.  At least we don't have to worry about freezing here.  Tonight I swear we had hurricane winds.  Our bedroom shook like a piece of tin.  I thought it would fall out.

Nothing is really going on here.  I go to see Andy Williams Friday.  Tomorrow we're going to the theater again.  The "Yum Yum Tree" is playing.  Laurie Peters was in the first show I saw.  She was the girl in "For the Love of Ivy".  I hope you can come out sometime.  I wish everybody could come out sometime, especially now.  It's too beautiful.  We're just clonking around here wasting as much time as ever it seems.  Two lousy weeks.  I'll never get back on that plane.  Blaaa.  I'm so sick of studies, studies, studies.

I got a full run down from Barb today in her letter.  I think we'll have an exceptional riot over Christmas and anyone not in the mood get whipped.

Hi again!  I will finish this letter tonight.  I was reading Sex and the Single Girl, "How to have an affair".  Duh!

I want to go home!  We're playing Christmas carols, sob, sob.  Please take care.  See you in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment