Monday, February 6, 2012

October 10, 1968 (Letter from Mark)


You'll never guess what I did.  I went to a barber and had my hair styled.  I look like Mia Farrow with blond hair.  I still can't believe I did it.  My hair is about 1 inch long everyplace on my head.  It's blondish brown -- and everyone says it's Mia Farrow of Man from Uncle.  I think I look like a skinned rat.  Paid $15 to get it done.  Just wish you could see it -- funny is the word.  Next week I'll be in Buffalo on Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.  I'm going home Thursday after classes because we've got a three day weekend.  So I guess I'll go home for a visit.  My mother will be shocked out of her mind when she sees me.  She probably won't even recognize me at all.

This weekend Aretha Franklin is playing.  I'm going to miss it though.  I'm going over to my cousins in Rochester for the weekend.  Just hope I can get something done over there.  I need more room to work which I sure don't have here so I hope I can get a lot of my projects done if I work over there.

The work I have to do takes forever to do and they give us so much to do.  They're trying to increase our output and creativity.  I've done more in three weeks than I've done all last year.  Really is a lot to do.  Some of it is very nerve wracking trying to do it.  I'm becoming very nervous and jittery, too.  My hands never quit shaking.  I could really use a rest.  Like I only get 4 or 5 hours nite sleep which isn't good, and I've lost 15 lbs. so imagine what I look like.

Really sounds as though you're having a great time.  At least you've got some cool roommates.  I get to pick my roommates for next quarter, haven't really decided who to pick yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment