Thursday, February 23, 2012

January 30, 1968 (Letter from Mary)


I was glad to hear about the outcome of your finals -- congratulations!  I bet you're relieved that the first term is over -- oh brother -- I was!

We're in the 3rd week now (of 2nd term) and most of our tests were scheduled for this week.  Only one more day.  I love Fridays.

I work a full 8-hour day now (1 a week) so I'm giving lot of injections, emptying lots of bedpans, and giving lots of pills to lots and lots of sick people.  I get yelled at a lot too -- since all doctors, interns, med students, etc. dislike freshman muchly.  One of these days I'll make it I hope.

Poor Michael.  I thought he loved BW -- hope he gets somewhere he likes -- fast.

Have you had any trouble at UB  with Black Action Society of any of those organizations?  You've probably read about Pitt's mess.  A lot of blacks took over this computer center -- nothing big -- but the future looks full of explosions (it's predicted) yike!

Rachel's in the news again.  I get all the Warren papers -- I think she averages one picture/week.  Luck.

I've been doing nothing but nothing lately -- except ironing shirts and ironing shirts.  Thompson only washes them when he has to -- 24 at a time. Ugh.

Vacations aren't too plentiful for me -- no Easter vacation -- just one week at the end of April and then another one in August.  The rest of the time, I'm stuck here.

Just got back from another lecture -- so boring and a lab -- we practiced bandaging and changing dressings!  What a riot!

Well, guess I'd better move again.  It's 3:30 and I've got a class at 4:00 -- last one of the day.

Thanks God tomorrow's Friday.  Good luck in everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment