Thursday, February 2, 2012

September 27, 1968 (Letter from Mike)


I finally made it.  It's hard to believe, but I did.

Hey, it's really terrific here.  I can't tell you how much I love it.  I have to wear a beanie, and whenever an upperclassman says, "Frosh-dink!", I have to lift my hat, bow, and say, "Thank you, may I do it again?"  Of course they say yes, and it can go on forever!  But it's all in fun, and that's the way you get to know the uppers.  They're all really nice.

My roommate is nice, and I think we'll get along okay.  He used to live in Cleveland, so he knows his way around.  I think that will be a big help.

I took a German placement test today.  You have to show proficiency at the 104 level.  Well, I placed at 103, so I only have one quarter of German.  That makes he happy.

[Wed. nite]  I registered today.  I've never seen such confusion.  It was unbelievable.  I've got Psych, German, speech, and art.  On MWF, my classes start at 10:10, on TTH, they don't start until 1:00.  Do you believe it?  I'm done every day at three.  Not bad at all.

I've met some terrific guys here.  You won't believe this, but one of my friends is names Paul Albert - and (are you ready) he's a minister's son.  A music major, and he's got a mustache.  Really a great guy.

Hey look, I gotta go now.  Lots to do.  Classes start tomorrow.  See you later -- about the end of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment