Wednesday, February 15, 2012

November 5, 1968 (Letter from Roland)


Things where you are sound about the same as they are here.  I'm taking geography, math, speech, English, ancient civilization, and PE.  My roughest subject so far has been ancient history.  I took a D on the midterm and have 200 pages to go for the first time for a test next Friday.  All together I have 17 credit hours, but next semester I'm going to go light.

The professors here really pile on the work.  Each must think his is the only course I'm taking.  I'm never completely caught up on homework, but I mess around on weekends anyway, or else I'd "blow my mind".

A funny thing happened here on Halloween night at about midnight.  All the guys ran out to the girls dorm and staged a panty raid.  It was really a blast.  At first we couldn't get in because all the doors in their dorm were locked after 11 PM.  So we marched around tossing toilet paper all over, and some of the girls found an open stairway window on the second floor, and some guy scaled the wall and got in.  He ran downstairs and opened the door (which triggered a burglar alarm) and about 200 guys piled in.  Boy, I never saw so many guys run so fast.  By about 1:30 AM things had quieted down and then we played some cards until 3 AM.  I was really dead the next day, but I only had one class on Friday so I slept after that class was over.

Our football team is in first place and will take the championship when they win this weekend.  (Confidence.)  We're playing the worst team in the league.

I went out for basketball, but found it too hard with all my homework so I quit a couple weeks ago.

Do you have Curt's address?  I wrote him last week, I figure he appreciates mail and I hadn't written him since before graduation.  If you don't know it, I'll write the address down just in case....

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment