Monday, March 26, 2012

December 3, 1969 (Letter from Patty)


I'm sitting in my new chair that I just bought at the rescue mission, waiting for the paint on my window to dry so I thought I'd write you a letter.  How are you?  It certainly has been a long time since I've written.  I kept waiting for a chance to tell you that I was coming to see you, but I never seem to have the time.  I've gotten in to a lot of new things this year and there just isn't the time to do everything I want to do.  I'm into grass now for one thing.  Surprised?  I've also really been trying to go a lot of places.  I went to Washington for the peace march.  One weekend 2 of my friends and I hitched to Binghamton -- we got picked up twice by the cops.

I wasn't doing too well in my art work at the beginning of the semester.  I was like really dried up in the imagination dept, I think my exciting summer in front of a typewriter had a lot to do with it.  Anyhow, I'm like getting back into my work now finally.

I'm going to finish painting my Christmas peace sign in the window now.  I'll get back to you later.  Don't be impatient.

It's now 4:30 AM and after finishing my stained glass window, listening to records for about 2 hrs., doing my laundry, working on a painting, and drawing eight optical illusions, I've finally gotten back to this letter.  I figured if I didn't finish this one I'd never write to you seeing how I've already started about 3 letters to you that I never finished.

I must say this year certainly seems ma lot different from last.  I guess it's because the novelty has worn off.

How has everything been going for you?  Have you heard anything from anybody in Warren?  Are you still working?

I start work Friday at the Veterans' Day Care Center.  I volunteered for it.  T hey need people in art to help the veterans keep busy.  It should really be interesting.

I'm also going to start working on an underground newspaper this month.  Doing art work.  Some friends of mine started it; they've only put out one issue so far.  It has a long way to go, but some really good people are working on it.  You won't believe the name -- Public Hair!  What can I say?

Thanksgiving vacation was really a bore.  Four days at home with my parents was really bad.  I don't know what I'm going to do over Christmas, but I'm not staying home for two weeks.  The only thing that could have been good over vacation was that Country Joe and the Fish were in Albany Wed night, but being the ass that I usually am, I missed the early bus to Albany and got in too late to see them.

I guess that's about it for now.  I hope you don't take as long answering this as I did in finally writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment