Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 16, 1969 (Letter from Mary)


I don't know why it takes me so long to write back.  All I know is I'm slow.  Sorry.

All last week we practiced for Telerama, a sort of talent-showlike thing.  The freshman on our floor did a skit with homemade songs, etc.  It was a riot!

Have you ever been on the Northside of Pittsburgh?  Bob and I went last Sat to take Andy (the little black boy that stayed at our house this summer) a birthday present.  You'd never believe the house he lives in.  The kitchen was the only heated place, it was dark, dingy, smelly -- clothes (filthy ones) lying everywhere, and kids running in and out.  I don't think it would be so bad if they'd spend their money in the right places, because they have stuff like television, radio, record player, 2 telephones, and new bikes that they don't need.  I guess they just don't think of it that way though. It's so sad.

Greek Week is this whole week.  The Fifth Dimension comes Fri and the formal is Sat.  Can't wait.

I found your twin!  He's in Bob's frat -- reminds me exactly of you.  Semi-long blond shiny hair, tall, well built, just starting to wear bell-bottoms and guess what -- his name's Paul.

This letter is a mess.  I think I'm tired.  I'd better get going!  My favorite thing is sleep.

Still going to N.Y. for Easter?  When are finals?

P.S.  I'm embarrassed to send this.  What a slob.

No comments:

Post a Comment