Monday, March 19, 2012

October 18, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


Great to hear from you kid!  I'm the last of that rare breed of continuous letter writers.  I write at least four letters a day -- but my friends are definitely worth the writers camp!  Foster hasn't written so I dropped him a few lines.  I guess when you're at home people don't seem they should write.

So you quit your job!  It's not worth it, right?  You can get so screwed that it actually put you "out" for awhile!  It will be better if you get the job in the drugstore has to be better -- my pen just died! -- My mother is watching Lawrence Welk and it's blowing my mind!  Oh good grief!

Try and come home this weekend.  Nothing exciting going on I'm afraid.  The only "nice" time here is fall.  I got my bike out today and rode it all over the "old" neighborhood.  My legs aren't in the greatest of shape.  This is the first day I feel good.  I've had this super bad cold for two weeks!  I went to the doctor's last Saturday -- boy, what a case of the Blahs!  Be careful for god sake and take care!  I felt lousy!  I was perfect material for a Geritol commercial.  You would be perfect for Sominex -- That's how we make our millions -- as insomniacs and neurotics.

Work hasn't been going too bad lately.  I'm finally on regular orders and I have to really concentrate so the time really goes fast!

Barb just called and I think we'll go out so I'll be back later -- EXCUSE ME!

Hello, hello -- Well, it's Sunday already.  Blah Monday will be upon us in no time.

I'm watching Minnesota and St. Louis playing football.  I'm really getting to like it.  I have no idea why though.

Naturally today is gray and dull, I knew if I wanted to get out today and take some pictures it would get krummy out!

Hey, didn't you really like Butch Cassidy?!  It doesn't compare with Midnight Cowboy though!  Fabulous movie!  That girl you took out didn't happen to be named Cheryl did it?  You know what your spirit said!



If you're coming home this weekend I'll make some ravioli for ya!  I can actually make them myself.  You've got to get some "pasta" in you.  What in god's name do you weigh now?

Last night Barb and I went to the Pub.  Duh!  I'm there "What are we doing here?"  BIG, BIG night -- but then my mind and soul have definitely been "conditioned for hurt".  If any January or February at school doesn't do it -- being in your home town will!  Barney and I are planning on going to Chicago in about two weeks to meet some of the old gang.  I should have the money by then.  I really want to come up for November 15, it shouldn't cost me that much right?  If I was smart I'd be like a miser and try and get enough in the bank to cake care of a good part of my loan.  I will, I will.

I must go and get some more letters written.  Take care!  Try and give me a quick call some night and tell me if you're coming.  You won't have to write then.  (BRIBE, BRIBE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment