Monday, March 26, 2012

December 5, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


You'll never guess where I'm sitting!  In Barney's office in the National Forge!  I'm starting with Barney Monday as "temporary" but I'll be working full-time.  I'll be making over $2.00 an hour which is better than the old faithful New Process Company!

I'm sorry for not writing sooner, but I'm confused on who I've written to and who I haven't and lately letter-writing is a pain!  When are you coming home for Christmas?  Around the 19th?!  I was just wondering because Bill might come out and if he flys into Buffalo we could meet him and drive back -- speaking of driving -- in your car -- how's the heat?  "Is da heat on boss?"

Nothing fantastic has been happening?!  I made the

[12/10]  Here I sit at work again!  Amazing things.  I feel like I could fall asleep at any moment!  Monday went by like a flash and Barney and I went to St. Bonaventures after work for the basketball game and we ended up in a bar at St. Bonnie's at about twelve thirty drinking away with a bunch of kids.  Bona's won the game so we celebrated.   But I didn't get home until 2;00AM and Barney and I have to get up at 6:30AM!  Duh!  I didn't feel too bad and when I got home last night I did more work than I usually do.  NOW today BLAH, I'm tired -

Sorry I haven't written -- you know how it is!

Must close now only have a few minutes left for lunch!  When will you be home?  19th?  See you soon -- Hope you got your mail situation taken care of.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment