Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 19, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


I bet you thought I forgot about you, but I didn't.  I was home on spring break from the 7th-17th.  I have that instead of an Easter vacation, so you won't see me in 3 weeks because I don't have a vacation then -- I have classes on Good Friday!!!

I really needed that break when it came -- those 10 days did me loads of good.  I was ready to crack with 4 papers and 6 finals.  It's a good thing I didn't wait until the last minute to get the papers done.  They took me a weekend a piece.  It payed off though.  I got two A's and 4 B's.  I haven't got my English grades of Clinic, but I think I'll get B's, giving me a 3.3.  I'll be really happy with that.

I feel awfully bad about Gary.  He's doing rather poorly and is going to have to transfer out of engineering.  He hates Titusville so he's trying to get into Edinboro, probably as a freshman, so he'll be starting all over as a math major.  I wish I could do something for him.  He's awfully mixed up.

I'm thinking awfully hard about going on.  Miss Clapp is really hitting me hard.  She feels that I should get my B.S.  I'm gonna check into credit transfer to Edinboro and maybe finish up there.  It would take me probably three years because I want to work part-time at the dental office.  I can't completely quit working after spending two y ears building up my manual dexterity.  I'd have to work at least Saturdays.

I cleaned Gary's teeth over vacation.  I think he lived through it all right.  He's an awfully good kid.

The snow is gradually melting -- thank goodness.

Well, Paul, I have a class now and I guess I'm pretty run down anyway.  (Do you believe it -- finally!)

Take it easy.  Say hello to everyone for me at the Surf Club, Shorty's. and Melody.  Have a really great time over vacation (think of my studying).

No comments:

Post a Comment