Tuesday, March 6, 2012

May 2, 1969 (Letter from Mary)


Sorry for taking so long again.  Did you cookies arrive successfully?  My vacation was last week, so with finals all over there was nothing to do except cook.  Bob helped!  Hope you liked them.

When is school over for you?  Bob was out last week for all summer vacation.  He's enjoying a lazy week of fishing, sleeping, etc.  Then, next week, he'll start working at Chapman Dam again.  Of course, I'm back here, starting classes on the Surgical Pt.  In fact, I saw my first operation today.  It was a subtotal Colectomy (removal of some of the intestines).  There were intestine flying all over!!  Now I know why surgery patients have so much pain, the way those drs dig around -- yuk!

I know what you mean about psychology.  I hated it.  I told you before about only getting 42% on the midterm and still getting an A!  That's how rotten it was.  What a waste.

Before I get to the operating room (in Aug) I'll be working at Eye and Ear hospital and then at Plastic Surgery.  It should be a real experience, one that will stick in my mind for awhile.

I'm already looking forward to Aug. vacation.  Maybe I'll get to see you then.  Did you get a job up there or are you coming home?

Oh, did I tell you we're moving?  Unbelievable!  Well, it's true, but just around the corner.  We bought the house and lot beside.  I love it but it's much smaller than the old red one, so we're having a garage sale.  Won't it be a riot?  Hope I get home for it!  Got to go.

P.W.  I'm saving on paper -- can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment