Wednesday, March 28, 2012

January 21, 1970 (Letter from Gail)


Sorry that I didn't write to you sooner.  But the week I got you letter I was studying for my finals.  God, what a week!  We should be getting our grades tomorrow or Friday.  I know I did good on my sociology test, but the other three -- well, I'd rather not talk about them.  We're on our semester break now.  It's a great feeling not to have any school work hanging over my head for a change.  I luv it!

Oh Paul, I was so sorry to hear what happened to your apartment.  God, what a horrible thing!  Did you report it to the cops?  I hope they can catch the guy who did it.  Great and I'm living in an apartment next year at Edinboro!  I'm scared now.  Think I'll put aside about 5 extra locks plus 4 bolts on the door.  Just to be on the safe side, of course.

Not much has been happening social wise, that is.  Dody is taking me to Bud's (in Jamestown) for dinner tomorrow night.  I'm sorta excited, I've never been there before.  He leaves for main campus this coming Sunday.  I'm gonna miss him.

Hey, how was your New Years Eve?  I haven't seen you in so long, I don't even know what you did New Years Eve.  I had a nice New Years.  I went to this guys house for 4 days.  In fact, I had a great time!!  I went to Penn State last weekend and stayed with Leslie.  We had a great time.  Sat nite we went to see a Paul Butterfield Jazz Blues concert.  It was good.  Heave you ever heard of him?  I never had till I went down there.  He's pretty good.  After the concert we went to an apartment party.  It was fun.  Did you ever play Charades when you're high?  God, I did.  It was hysterical!  I couldn't do anything.  I had "Easy Rider" to do and when I went to make the movie sign -- I said "movie" while I was doing the sign -- plus other dumb stuff like that.  That was the first and last time I got to play Charades!  We got in about 3:30AM.  Then we sat and talked til 5:00AM.  Then I had that damn long bus ride home that day (Sun).  What a trip.  4 hours of pure shit!!

You wouldn't believe how cold it is here!  It's supposed to go as far as -15 tonite.  Oh boy, can't wait.

That's about it from this end.  Take care and keep warm.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment