Sunday, March 25, 2012

November 15, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


Hope you're still managing your time well and that school is going all right.

Contrary to yours, my social life is in flower.  I can't believe it.  Right now I'm dating my landlord (that's right) and have a date tonight with this guy I knew from last year and then Sunday I'm going out with this guy I met at work last night.  It's unreal.  Until this past week when my landlord took me out twice, I had only had one date.  To top it off though, finals start Nov 34rd and I have so much studying to do -- and only one week left to do it in.

Gary and I are having difficulties, at least from my point of view.  He hates to write letters.  He called me two weeks ago but since then I haven't heard from him.  It's almost as though eh doesn't want me to miss him.  I'm anxious to get home for my 11 day Thanksgiving vacation to find out the situation.  I really thought we had something made -- well, enough for that-- it's my problem and I'll just have to play it by ear.

Hope you checked into the sturdiness of your garage ceiling.  I've really got something to top that story off though.

Out of 17 days here, it has rained 14.  When I came home last Sunday from doing the laundry (where I am now) I found our kitchen ceiling leaking.  It just so happens to be that we live on the 1st floor of a 3 floor apartment building.  Went upstairs to find that the 2nd store had 3" of water on their kitchen floor -- their ceiling had collapsed.  Well, this is only the beginning.  The landlord (yes, the same one!!) came over to see where it was coming from -- bringing his roof men.  Meanwhile, water started gushing out of our toilet.  I went screaming after our landlord.  About 5 minutes later there was 5 inches of water in our bathroom and about 4 in my room.  We just got my rug up in time.  What a mess.  You wouldn't have believed all the water.  Guess where it came from?  The roof.  The roof guys took the plug out of the drain cuz there was two feet of water on the roof and it all came up our toilet because of the pipe system.  If that wasn't an exciting event for the day!!  We're all pretty dried up now except for the landlord's wall-to-wall carpeting in the hall.

This past story has been abridged and if you would like to know the whole story feel free to ask.

Well Paul, the weather has been really nice here in spite of the rain.  I swear it must be 70 today and the sun is about 100 -- feels great.

Take care -- maybe I'll see you over the summer at some local bar.

P.S.  Just met a guy here at the laundromat.  NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment