Tuesday, March 6, 2012

April 16, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


Good for you.  Heck, extend your vacation as much as you want -- that's what I did.  Fun, isn't it?  I'm so anxious for school to be over for the year.  Everyone is umping down the throat of each other -- it's unreal.

Yes, I got to Buffalo alright.  My dad and Gary took me.  The only reason I wanted to get a ride was because my dad really hates to make the trip alone.  I like to at least have someone with whom he can talk, but yet offering to take me.  I would have gone back earlier except I had kinda wanted to go climb around at Jakes Rocks Sunday afternoon -- and it did turn out to be a beautiful day.  Gary gave me my favorite flower for Easter -- six yellow roses.  They were so beautiful.  I tried to take two of them back to school, but they didn't make the bus trip very well.  I hope you get the job at the State Hospital.  It will be good to have you around for another summer.  You'll have plenty of time to work and live away from home, even if it is hard to get back into the family grind sometimes.

The weather's been great here also -- got some sun poisoning on the back of my legs because they got burned badly.  I go out in the sun every chance I get, but I'm gonna have to be careful of my legs now.  I'll probably die of skin cancer.

The countdown has begun until the end of school.  I get my cap May 18th.  My parents are coming up.  I don't get my purple band until next year at graduation, but I get my cap and school pin now.  I know -- it doesn't sound like much, but it means so much to me.  I love dental hygiene so much.  The seniors just took their national boards this past Monday.  They said they were really terrible.  Well, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment