Friday, March 16, 2012

June 29, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


Relax -- the Surf Club remains.  I was up there last Saturday.  Very few people were there.

Since you were home, Gary bought a TR4 Triumph.  We've been having a lot of fun in it.  It makes Gary happier and easier to get along with because his mother isn't on his back so much as she was when he always wanted their car.

I know exactly how you feel.  If there had been no one to come back to (meaning Gary), I wouldn't be here this summer.  Instead I'd be working on the Cape somewhere.  I plan on coming back here to work for Dr. Jones for awhile - but only long enough for Gary and I to either get married or break up -- preferably the former -- of course, that may mean two years.  Well, time along will give me my answer.  Things very seldom turn out the way you plan them to.  If I don't plan too far in advance then I can hardly be disappointed.

My old roommate is going to Harvard summer school.  I'm waiting for a report on the hundreds of guys she plants on meeting.  She's taking physics for the summer.

I'm outside in the sunshine -- one of the very rare days that the sun shines in Warren.

Continue to do well on your cooking and thanks for making me feel like a heel.  I didn't bake a pie until about two y ears ago.  In fact, I baked one for Gary's birthday two weeks ago.  On my way over to his house, this guy cut in front of me, I put my foot right in the pie.  Imagine a nice rhubarb pie with a footprint for your birthday!!  There I stood at the door, holding the pie bawling!!!  (Laugh, but don't let me know you did.)

Take care and let me know how Buffalo is treating you.  What do you do for excitement?  Be good (haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment