Monday, March 19, 2012

October 16, 1969 (Letter from Carole)


H there!  How are you?  Hope my few lines find you well and happy.  Wow -- it sure has been a long time since I've seen or even heard from you.

Yes, I'm still working for Dr. Boger.   Do you know in November I'll be working there a year.  Wow -- does time fly.

My parents are going to N.J. in January.  I'll be living with my grandparents for awhile.   I planned on getting an apartment, but I don't have the money.  So I'll stay with them for awhile.  My sister, Sue, is also staying to finish out her senior year.  My dad has already left.  He comes home weekends.  My mother is getting the house ready to sell.  They found a house that they are looking at, a new ranch style with an acre and a half of land.  But I think it hits the pocketbook too hard.  So they are still looking.

Wow -- does your car sound nice.  I'll bet y our insurance rates are high in N.Y. state.  My insurance is really cheap I think 126.00 a year.  Can't beat that.  It's the car payments that hurt.  (No, not really.)

 What's this dream you had about me?  What do  you mean I was great?  I think you better explain.

How's school?  Hang in there, Paul.  I still think you should be a dentist.  Then I'll come work for you.

Tell you what the next long weekend I have off I'll try and come out to see you.  It seems to me I promised you that I'd be out to see you last year.  As you can see I didn't make it.  Sorry, maybe t his year.

Well, babes hope you come home soon and please top up.  Write me soon.

Take much care.

No comments:

Post a Comment