Sunday, March 18, 2012

October 10, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)

Hi honey glad to hear from you!  I'm happy you got that initiative to write.

Today I stayed home -- I've missed two days or work this week!  I think I've really got some "bug"!  Barney and Barb and I and some kids went up to Melody.  Barb and I hate to go there.  Well, we had a pretty good time and Peroski had about two six packs of Schlitz to drink with no supper.  I was almost there!  Good grief.  So this morning at 7:00 am Mardi was really hurting -- headache, wobbly legs, upset stomach, sick AS HELL! So I stayed in bed all day, out of commission!  I have to go to the doctor's tomorrow for a check up and blood test and all -- could I have mono?  Duh.  Mr. Sayles is down right now and we're going to have din-din in tonight.  I'll probably get sick.

Lately I haven't been doing much of anything.  Joan is at school heaven knows what (?) I'm scared to think of what she's up to!  Haven't heard from Mike yet -- no one has!  Tina is working at New Process -- overtime even Blah!  She's going down to Cleveland for BS&T the 16th or 17th for fall weekend -- she has a date with Phil.  Barb and I are here-- just here -- barely!!!!

I'm about to take off any day now for Minneapolis, or Denver or San Francisco!  If you go out West you've definitely got to hit Denver!  If I'm nowhere near Denver or the West next summer I'm hitching with you!  You'll happen to pick me up along the way -- who knows -- if I can make it to New Years round here I'll be lucky!

How are classes going?  My mother just told me to tell you to gain some weight!  How much do you weigh now anyway?  My mother wants you to eat meat and potatoes!  I'm there "Where do they get and who cooks meat and potatoes for them?"  Guys definitely hate or cannot or do not want to cook.

You should go to New York over Thanksgiving.  HEY, LOUSY CITY!  You'd have a hell of a time.  All of us kids are trying to get together in Chicago about the end of October.  I wanted to go there the 17th but I can't make it!

I'd love to come out November 14th or 15th for the concert and all.  The Who are supposed to be great.  Dutch saw them and said the thought they were really good.  We'll see what's up!  Nothing, I imagine.  I'll still be working.  Blah!

Barb is down now and we're both exhausted.  Must go!  Please take care.



No comments:

Post a Comment