Thursday, March 29, 2012

February 9, 1970 (Letter from Patty)

Well, I started classes Thursday and I get the feeling that this semester isn't going to be any better than last.  I have terrible courses and terrible teachers.  I didn't even get into half of the courses I wanted.  My grades for 1st semester weren't too good -- about 2.3 and in general, I guess this isn't going to be the best year of my life.

I didn't have a really terrific time at Elizabeth's (in New Jersey), but it was quite interesting.  I saw her father's art work and got to help him in one of his classes.  Elizabeth was with her boyfriend most of the time though so mostly I just read a lot.  Have you read Steppenwolf by Hesse yet?  If you haven't, try to.  It's a great book.

I've been trying to keep pretty busy since I got back here so that I don't get bored too soon.  Friday night James Taylor and Mickel Cooney were here in concert.  It was really good.

Well, this is just a quick letter cause I've got to go to my printmaking class.  That's what I finally decided to major in and it's the only class I like and the only teacher I like.

Say hello to Ken and Mike for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment