Friday, March 30, 2012

February 17, 1970 (Letter from Renee)


As usual it was a pleasure to receive your letter, you have a most unique and enjoyable style -- very free and uninhibited -- I approve!  My boss doesn't have a whole hell of a lot for me to do and he's bash yacking to someone so I decided to be very prompt for a change and write back.

Morrey and I went home to Warren this last weekend to finish up our wedding invitations and get them ready to mail.  You should be receiving yours sometime next week.  It took us four hours of writing, stuffing, stamping and licking to finish up the invitation s from my side of the family list alone.  We did Morrey's parents' list last weekend in Lorain.

I am so fed up with wedding plans and garbage that I am just about ready to tell a few people (my mother-in-law in particular0) just what to do with themselves.  I got my gown and my bridesmaids gowns, etc., ordered the flowers, the photographer, the orchestra and made all the arrangements with the caterers.  The major details aren't so bad to handle, it's just all the little shit that bugs me.  I think I'll be too "fuckin" tired to mess around on m y wedding night -- besides it will be nothing new to me -- just a little more legal I would say.  Morrey has been just great through all this and I love him more every day.  I am extremely happy as far as the two of us are concerned, and that's what is most important.

My car gave me all kinds of trouble and my dad came to get it and it broke down in Cleveland never to start again.  He returned to Cleveland on Monday and got it going and took it home to be fixed.  It's a read dud, but I sure do miss having it.  I should get it back in another month or so.  Morrey and I are planning on buying a new car with our wedding money, so I hope we'll have a little left over after the honeymoon to do it.  I am truly sorry to hear about your car troubles too, but I guess we all must have our problems.  As far as your getting to the wedding Paul, if you take a bus into Cleveland and let us know when it arrives, we can arrange to pick you up, as long as it isn't after 2 in the afternoon on Saturday.  If you can make it on Friday nite it would be better.  Please let me know, and also let me know if you want hotel reservations.  It costs 9.50 per night at the hotel where you will be staying, so I just wanted you to be prepared, OK?

As far as school goes this quarter I'm really doing shitty and I doubt if I'll pull much more than a 2.0 -- and that's if I'm lucky.  Between school and work and keeping the apt picked up and making meals I don't find much time left for studying  and believe me my grades are suffering -- but there's not much I can do.  We haven't spent a weekend in Columbus since I don't know when cause we've been going to Lorain to finish up wedding plans.  It's going to be really gala affair, Paul, with cocktails, dinner, champagne, dancing and the whole bit.  I will be extremely disappointed if you don't' come.

I got a letter from Barb Lucia telling me all her problems, which, frankly, I could care less about.  She never was one of my favorite people.  I crossed her name off my invitation list, but she wrote to tell me she was planning on coming so I guess I'll have to send one anyhow.  At $10.00 a head for the dinner this wedding is going to be a very expensive affair.  As long as I don't have to pay the tab I guess I don't mind very much.

If John and June come to the wedding, which I think they will, you can always hitch a ride with them.  June might just come by herself and would want someone to drive with her so please contact them at 21 Lorfield Drive, Snyder and see what their plans might be.  I am sure they wouldn't mind having you come with them at all, and I would be eternally grateful.

Also, Paul, I moved in with Morrey about a month ago cause I just couldn't hack my roommates much longer, and we couldn't see paying rent in 2 different places.  My parents agreed without any grief about it, so it worked out OK!  From now on please write to me at the Shanley Drive address.

Well I've got to go cause it's almost 5 and I have to take Morrey downtown so he can to go his classes.

Please take care and write again soon when the spirit moves you.  Please let me know your plans for April 4???

No comments:

Post a Comment