Tuesday, March 27, 2012

January 10, 1970 (Letter from Mardi)


Have they arrested the dirty deed doers yet?  I still can't believe your apartment was robbed!

Are you back in the old grind yet -- of course -- it takes about five minutes.

Today Barney and I and Barb were supposed to be on our way to Pittsburgh.  Naturally Barney brought up the idea and then couldn't go, so Barb tired to get the car and couldn't -- so here I sit on this beautiful Sunday afternoon watching the North-South football game -- WOW.  I started to clean my room and all I got done was organizing the mess and I haven't even started to dust it -- such problems!

Barb and I got our pictures back.  They turned out really cute, but we look funny just being dressed up in those New Years Eve pictures!  That one Barb took in the car even turned out.

Oh, I must tell you before I forget.  Joan's father had a really bad heart attack Monday and he's in the intensive care section now.  He could have died it was so severe.  He's supposed to be in bed now for the next six months at least.  I couldn't believe it.

Well work has been a real bitch, but I can't be bothered to worry about it.  The work just piles up no matter how much we try to keep caught up.

Sorry I haven't written sooner but...

I was going to call and I probably still will.  Barb I should be be seeing you Thursday night and we might stay overnight.  So far Bill is supposed to be arriving around 6:30 or 7:00 in Buffalo, and I'm definitely not going into work Friday.  I don't know if he's coming with his roommate or not.  So we should get together.

Have you found any job prospects?  I heard it's kind of COLD and snowy.  With luck Anderson's flight will be cancelled and the airport closed -- with luck.

Please take care Clyde and wait till the heat dies down -- by the way what did you do with the stereo, typewriter, and clocks.  That was pretty tricky of you to make it look like someone stole your typewriter!

Hope to see you Thursday!  Try and give me a quick call.

No comments:

Post a Comment