Sunday, March 18, 2012

October 5, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


How are ya?  Sorry I haven't written honey!  I told you I would about a week ago.

Well I'm a working girl.  Blah!  I'm definitely not the eight to five type!  It's not that bad of a job -- the training will be good for me.  All I did Wed, Thurs, and Friday was program and do practice material.  If I have to get a key punch job any where else at least I'll have had the experience.  Otherwise I hate the whole thing!  Tomorrow they'll probably put me on regular orders.  That will be sharp!  I'm definitely not breaking my back for the great New Process Company!

So how have you been?  You are working, right?  Are you coming home some weekend?  I wish you would! -- I want to fly to Minneapolis or Chicago and meet Bill around the 16th or 17th of October.  I'll go crazy if I don't go somewhere soon!  Barb and I can never think of anywhere to go!  Barb has a waitress job at the Blue Manor and works till eight every night except Sundays, which makes it hard to hitchhike or go anywhere.  We've definitely got to get going!  I'd like to clonk up to Buffalo sometime when you're not (?) working.  But you'll always be working, right?!  I can't think of anything to tell you right now, and I must get to bed soon, plus I'm naturally hungry!

Please take care and I promise to write to you again soon -- write when you have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment