Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 27, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


You wouldn't believe how busy I've been.  There is only 4 more days left in this quarter.  The work load has sort of been cut down.  I finished my last term paper, so it's really nice just to get rested up.  Wednesday my mother and dad are coming up to get me.  Can hardly wait.  Don't really want to go back to Warren, but I do like to go home every once in awhile.

This weekend Steppenwolf is here, but tickets are $4.50 and my account is getting really low so I don't think that I'll be going.  I might take a bus and go to Karen and Steve's.  She wants me to come over before she has the baby.  I guess afterwards it will be too much trouble.

I got the job I wanted this summer.  I was really excited about the whole thing.  I got a call on Sunday nite.  He told me that I had good recommendations and wanted to know if I still wanted the job.  I thought the camp was in Connecticut, but that was only the winter address, but the camp is in New Hampshire on Lake Sunapee right in the center of the ski area.  The catalogue really shows some great views.  Just the locations are really exciting.  New Hampshire always was my favorite state.  So I'm really looking forward to this summer.  After working in Gaughn's last summer, this summer is really going to be great.  I start June 18 to the end of August.  I hope that I get a chance to see you before I leave.

You'll never guess who I got a letter from.  Mike with all his humblest apologies.  I still don't know quite what to make of it.  I think it's another of Mike's tricks.  I think I'm going to wait awhile before I answer it.  I'm going to try to think of the right thoughts.  Mike isn't that kind of friend I need or want.  I won't be home this summer, or anymore for that matter and I don't see any need to hold on to a cold friendship with Mike.  He's too caught up in society and social status, bragging about everything he's been doing on campus.  Mike I guess needs that kind of stuff to hang on to.  He's still has the bright idea that he is going to be an artist.  It takes more than just a statement (I want to be an artist).  Baldwin-Wallace isn't the greatest art school, either.  I've told you before that Mike lacks a lot to be an artist.  I'm not saying that I'm great, cause I"m far from it, but from working with professional artists for a year I know something of what they demand and how they are.  If Mike would get down off that cloud which he has placed himself on maybe he could be something.

Paul, I would really like you to come up next quarter.  I'll call you some nite when I get back and we could make plans. I can get some marijuana or hash if you want.  From experience it is a lot better than drinking. I think that you would really like the experience, there's no hangover and there is hardly any ways to tell that you have smoked.  Some weekend when there is really a lot going on at school.  This is just between you and I.  I think a lot of people would really be shocked if they knew I smoked.  Mardi and Renee for a couple.

Well I guess that I had better go for now.  I'll be home for two weeks, but you might as well wait until I get back to write, cause I know when I'm home I'll just want to get rested up.

Write when you get the chance.  My phone is 464-3461.  So anytime you're in the mood give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment