Tuesday, March 13, 2012

June 6, 1969 (Letter from Kenny)

It was really great hearing from you.  I got so fuckin' excited I started to cry and pound my feet against the wall.  Glad to hear you had an exciting time in the TKE apt.  I imagine what Buffalo is like when you really have nothing to do.  I've talked to Herbie a few times and have seen him.  He told me bout your trip to Colden, it must have been a piss.  I've talked to Chris, Rosen, and Hal also.  I'm gonna see Bucelli tonight.  He's going to California Wednesday for good (work and grad school).

Guess what?  I got my hair cut, it was a real pain, but it's not too bad now but I had to go for job interviews so I had to look like a clean-cut kid.  I got a job selling Collier's encyclopedias from door to door worked for a week and a half and quit yesterday.  It had its good points and bad.  Training was 1 week you didn't get paid and you worked on commission the next week then you started salary $155 per week a lot of money but if you didn't produce you were out.  The hours were ridiculous 2PM until by the time I get home 1AM so I could never talk to anyone so I gave it up.  I won $10 for having the best presentation by a college kid.  I told my boss I had to go to summer school and asked him if he could get me a job in the Buffalo branch during the school year he said he would.

Some of the things that happen from door-to-door are hysterical.  One day it was 95 and with a jacket and tie on I was dying.  I went to one house and the door was open so only the screen door was there.  I knocked and glanced in.  The living room was off to the left an lying on the floor was this young fat lady with her bra and panties on and her husband, real fat and just wearing his boxer shorts and they were rolling around together it was a piss I almost died laughing when she saw me she screamed and ran to get dressed.  Another time I was working with my field supervisor watching him work and we knock on a door and a single (unmarried) girl comes to the door just wearing a CPO nothing else.  It was rather nice, I saw some real nice girls that way while I was working.  I should be getting a job on Wall Street now.

Herb is parking cars and making a fortune.  He started yesterday.  Chris is pounding baloney.  Rosen is working on Wall Street.

Did you find out your grades yet?  I still haven't got mine.  Oh yeah if you want to go out with that girl Barbara I went out with at the beginning of the year her number is TF9-2939 she's some action so try it.  Have you done some shit lately?  I haven't though I'll probably be starting soon I'm sure.  My mother is going away July 21-August 12 so come down if you want.  That's about it for now.  Take it easy and regards to everyone.

P.S.  If you need shit ask Borelli he's at Englewood.

Paul, remember always the passion-filled evening we spent together.

RAQUEL

P.S.P.S.  The day I left when you woke up I thought you were going to throw the clock at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment