Saturday, March 17, 2012

July 23, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


I hope you got things straightened out around and got your car.  That's pretty great.  Next year you'll have to get up to RIT sometime.  I hope to have a car by Christmas next year.

Sometimes I wished I was in your place right now.  Here I am way out in the boonies doing nothing, but sometimes I reaqlly do have a pretty good time.  Last week I went on a mt. climbing trip.  Was pretty great!  It is really fantastic to reach the top of a mt.  This past week I rented a bike and went cycling and then went out on a canoe trip.  Some excitement -- right?  NO

Parents weekend was last weekend.  The parents are unbelievably rich.  Most had chauffeur driven cars.  One kids father came in a $22,000 Mercedes.  It was really beautiful.  It was like a Cadillac-Lincoln-Rolls Royce parking lot.  A few of the parents really impressed me the rest I found to be the usual plastic people.

Only 4 weeks left and I'm very determined that I don't want to go back to the same old "cliche".  Hear that Mike has a job at the States Hospital now.  Marti's head is still bruised.  Still can't figure out why Marti came back to Warren.  The Dr. is still in favor of having me come home, but I'm going to struggle through with it.  I'm on five tranquilizers a day now.  I hope it doesn't turn into a crutch.

I found a few people up there to turn on with.  One is the nurse.  It's really unbelievable.  She got some fantastic hash.  It was really dark stuff.  The only thing was that the medicine I'm on and the stuff I smoked gave me a really strange high that I don't care to really experience again until things are really straightened around.

Learning how to sail and went water skiing a few times.  I guess what I have really isn't a job.  It's really a lot of fun.  At least when I think of last summer at Gaughn's that it is a big step forward.

Still haven't heard from Rene.  Don't have her new address.  Send it please if you've got it. Would sort of like to find out what she's up to.  Well take care.  Write when you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment