Saturday, March 31, 2012

February 20, 1970 (Letter from Kathy)

Belated Valentine's Day to you.

Congratulations on making the Dean's List.  You are now a scholar.

You and Mark both started out with jobs and both of you are now broke.  I guess the Warren guys will just never amount of anything!  It must be the dirty air or the cities is killing their ability to work.  (Honestly, Paul, that's the only excuse I can think of for you, and it isn't even any good!)  If you can't find anyone to sell your car to, then I'll take it for nothing.  OK?  That'll save you some money!  Don't ask me what I would do with a car in this city, but it's an idea anyhow!


I'm glad to find out that you can spell reading, even if you're not accomplishing any.

I have finals coming up next week -- that means I only have 11 weeks of college left! -- plus national and state boards to pass.  Except for the latter two exams, it would sound really great, but I have to get through them before I get a license!

I'm going to the box office tomorrow to see if I can get tickets for "Hair".  It comes to Boston March 5th.

Gary gets sworn into the Air Force March 2nd.  I guess he's leaving sometime in April or May.  He's coming here for a vacation (to see Boston) before he takes off.

You just remember that a letter from KES (KISS?) really makes it also.

We haven't had any major floods in our apartment recently, but the plumber has been here at least five times to fix our over-flowing, never-stopping toilet, that overflows through the back every time it's flushed.  Fun, fun fun!

The wind is still cold here, it's been fairly warm.  As soon as the temperature reached 50, I'm going to be ready to  hit the roof again for some sunshine.

I'm not skiing this weekend not working  -- just taking it easy -- writing letters and sleeping tonight-- tomorrow I'm going to take in a movie.  It's called Z, but I'm not sure it's spelled -- maybe it's Zie or Zee, or Ze or Z -- I've only heard about it -- never seen it written.

Well, guess I, too, have just completed a senseless letter, but they are great to receive anyway.  I really enjoyed yours in spite of the fact that you thought you were a little off your rocker.

Take care-- don't study too hard.

P.S.  You must understand that I'm in a really dippy mood tonight, as usual.  I've taken up growing a orange tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment