Wednesday, March 21, 2012

October 26, 1969 (Letter from Gail)


If you only knew how sorry I was for not writing to you sooner -- you have my most heart-felt apologies.  Do you accept them and am I forgiven?

It was really great hearing from you and I guess when you lose touch with someone like that over the summer, it makes that first letter in the fall sound so much better.  Right?  My summer sounds about the same as yours. I ate, slept, worked at gold ole Tiny Town, and took a 3 hr. course at EOC for 6 wks.  I hated to start school in the fall because none of the kids that we were really friendly with last year were coming back.  I miss them.  EOC ain't what it used to be.  I got elected to be a member of student govt again this yr and plus on the board -- govt is so-so.  Not too much has been happening in my life so far.  A bunch of us girls went to Shorty's last weekend and then again this past Fri nite.  It was so damn crowded that we all left and went to -- ready -- Pejo's.  God it was funny!  I haven't been there since senior week 1968!  Angie was unreal -- we bought 2 pitchers of beer so she gave us a third one FREE plus a big dish of popcorn!  But seeing as how we were the only people in the joint, she figured she had to be nice to us to get us to come back. There were 56 of us girls and then 7 more kids that go to EOC followed us up there.  It was really beautiful.  Then we stopped off at Shorty's on the way home just long enough to use the bathroom, then we left.  God, if that didn't look obvious!

We had midterms this past week.  Oy vay!  They were so tuff!  But I can't believe 1/2 of the semester is gone already!  Wow!

Last Sun my parents were going down around Penn State to visit some friends, so Sheryl Larson and I went along and they dropped us off at PSU to spend the day with Leslie Stein.  Well we got right before Ridgway and the hood of the car pops up -- right in our faces!  I was panic stricken. The damn thing did it twice.  So my dad bought a chain and chained it down and it was ok for the rest of the trip and on the way home.  To top this off -- my dad made a wrong turn and to get back on the right road he had to cross a median in the road and just as he got on the damn thing, a state trooper comes by and pulls us over.  My father got a $15 fine for driving on the wrong side of the road!  It was quite some day.  I'll say!  I hope I never have to go through it again.  I sat for the rest of the trip (after the hood flew up) with my fingers crossed and my eyes closed.  I was so-o-o scared!!!

Nothing much has happened in Warren lately.  Except it snowed here for 2 days last week.  Ugh!

Congratulations on your new car.  It sounds really nice.  Bring it home some weekend.  I'd like to see it.  What color is it?

I'm so mad at Mark.  I wrote him 3 wks ago and he hasn't answered me back.  Oh well.  Leslie hears from him quite regularly.  He calls her up at lest once a week and he's going down to see her sometime next month.  I guess.  Oh well.  WAHS played Kane yesterday.  We beat them 46-0  That's not saying much for the Dragons though, Kane kicked 14 guys off their team for drinking.  See what I mean.

Take care and come home soon.  Get out of the smog and get some fresh clean country air in your lungs!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment